Sunday 18 April 2010

something to remember!

always remember -you are beautiful
the words choke in my throat
and bring tears to my eyes
for I'm not sure they include me
I'm not sure at all
and yet - and yet
memory stirs
and long neglected words
drip slowly into the back of my mind
and begin to form on my tongue
and forming they roll into being
and drop deep into my heart
and I am comforted
'and God created man in his own image .....
male and female created he them .......
and God looked on all that he had made
and he saw that it was good'
and I smile
for it does mean me too
and I am made in his image
and God is love
and love is beautiful
and so somewhere within me
behind the wall
beneath the pain
within my heart
I am loving and beautiful
just as he is
and turning to him once more
I catch the echo of his words deep within
'you are my child, my beloved,
precious, honoured and loved
with you I am well pleased'
and remembering his words
I feel beautiful
and one day
when his redeeming work is done
I will not need to remember
for I will know myself
as he has always known me
child of his heart - beloved and wanted
forever
and I will know as he knows
that I am indeed beautiful

No comments: