Sunday 16 January 2011

what do I want to say?
I ask myself
and I think about it
and I find there is so much
I want to say
that I cannot even begin
to say it
I want to say
that life is good
that life is painful
that life is joyful
that life is filled with grace
I want to say
that I am loved
that I am loving
I want to say
that I am filled with hate
and I pause
I am filled with hate?
do I really want to say that?
and I see that I do
for the things that are done
that grieve me
and the things that I do
that cause grief
are hateful
and fill me with hate
and hate is a strong word
and can only be conquered by love
and then I remember
that I am to love my neighbour
as I am to love myself
and in seeking after that love
the hate will be put in its place
at the feet of love
and I ask you to show me
how to love
that which I hate
and I want to say
that you are good
and that I believe in your love
and I want to say
that one day I believe
that your love
will win the day



No comments: