Friday 11 June 2010

standing in the doorway

keeping my foot in the door
I stand quietly
and wonder if I am inside
or out
smiling faces excuse themselves
and pass me by
busy agendas dash past
with important errands
demanding their full attention
and keeping my foot in the door
I stand quietly
and wonder if I am outside
or in
and then the music begins
and my feet begin to tap
and my body begins to sway
and I step through the doorway
and sit quietly
surprised to find that I am inside
and not out
and my spirit rising with the music
and my heart lifting to you
I lift my voice in praise
and worship you
and standing on the threshold
of heaven
I enter the place
where you have your being
and find that I am neither outside
nor in
for I am with you
and with you I find
is the place
I have always longed to be
for with you I find
I am free

No comments: