Thursday 2 September 2010

stepping out

I sit here
in the silence
and wait
for the empty page
to speak to me
and I wonder
what words of wisdom
it will speak today
and as I wait I begin to write
and as I begin to write
the message begins to come through
loud and clear
one step at a time
it says
just take one step at a time
no need to make a list
or draw up a plan
or fret and fume
or wait for a cue
just take one step
one step at a time
and just as the message on the page
is revealed as I begin to write
one word at a time
so the next stage of my journey
will be revealed
as I begin to walk
one step at a time
and I lift my foot
and then I draw back
and the problem?
I don't know which direction
to take
and yet as I write
my hesitation into being
I begin to see
that any step
is only one step away
from the place
in which I find myself just now
and I can always
turn around and start again
and bracing myself for action
I determine that I will
begin the next stage of my journey
and take just one step
and I will take it
just as soon as I am able
to get out of bed!

No comments: